Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kids Really Do Say the Darndest Things !

The other day one of my seven-year-old piano students came to the door bearing a Christmas card. She shyly gave it to me and said: You can't open that until Christmas ! I said: Okay, fine--I won't ! Then she said: But you can open it right now if you want to ! I asked her if she wanted me to open it and she said: Yes. So I did. It was a cute card and inside it held a coupon for a free car wash at Supersonic Car Wash. The 'works' it said. She was smiling and said: You have a new car don't you? I said: Yes. She said: Yeah.....and it is really dirty ! You need to clean it ! I started laughing and told her that we would use this coupon to do just that very thing. Then she said to me: And don't worry that we spent money on that---we didn't !! My dad has tons of those--he gets them for free---so we just gave you one of his ! Didn't cost us a penny !

No comments: